python2.4.2 + win95, import socket dll error

John Pote johnpote at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Mar 16 11:27:27 EST 2006

Dennis,
Thanks for the info. Found winsock2.0 on the MS knowledge base site.
Downloaded, installed (with the y2k upgrade as recommended) and, amazingly,
all is working. My simple socket server works no problem as does a test http
client sending data to my web site. This latter program seems a little
grainy on updating the wxPython GUI compared to my modern XP box and
slightly older W2K laptop. But its working!

You might like to know:
I tried searching for winsock 2.2,
    on MSK base no hits
    on google search many hits but the ones I could make out all refered to
winsock2.2.exe as a variant of the spybot worm.

Thanks for helping solve the problem,

All the best

John Pote

news:tf0i12t8gtfv3bpjc31omro2k4dlh4mkvh at 4ax.com...