An Efficient Scalar Class in Python

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Thu Mar 23 16:48:56 EST 2006

"uymqlp502 at sneakemail.com" <uymqlp502 at sneakemail.com> writes:

> A Python class was designed to represent physical scalars and to
> eliminate errors involving implied physical units (e.g., confusing
> angular degrees and radians).

This sounds like a useful abstraction; I'm not sure if there are
established ways to do this, but I'd like to see something like this
in PyPI.

> Give it a try. If you do scientific or engineering computation, I
> bet you'll like it!
>
> http://RussP.org/scalar.htm

I think you'll have more uptake if you:

  - make a distutils 'setup.py' for easy install/uninstall
  - submit to PyPI so it's easily found and installed over the net

Please ask here, or contact me directly (email address munged) if you
want assistance with doing these steps.

--
 \       "You know I could rent you out as a decoy for duck hunters?"  |
  `\                                                   -- Groucho Marx |