Uninstalling Python

Pete pete at nospam.net
Wed Mar 29 21:00:24 EST 2006

Ben Finney wrote:
> "Pete" <pete at nospam.net> writes:
>
>> I googled "python" and have no interest in it and know nothing about
>> it.
>>
>> Therefore, I would like to uninstall  both the versions since I do
>> not believe I need them.  Would it be okay to uninstall them or
>> would you recommend that I keep them even though I will probably
>> never use them (ie for the future just in case).
>
> It should be okay to uninstall *any* software on your system if you
> believe you don't want it.
>
> If you don't have a system that defaults to removing software without
> checking if other packages depend on it, I'd hope you have stern words
> to say to your operating system vendor and seek out more user-friendly
> operating systems.

Thanks Ben...I told you in my very first few words who my operating system
vendor was (ie non other than "Bill Gates").  I said I was using xpsp2.  So
do all "windows" xp computer operating systems do what you said (ie, check
if other packages depend on something that you are uninstalling).  I would
certainly hope so, since MS is the world leader with "windows".  I am not a
pc guru like you are, so when you tell me to seek out more user friendly
operator systems, it is over my head.  I buy my pc's out of the box with
windows installed on them...Pete