cgi problem

Paul Rubin http
Wed Mar 8 03:19:55 EST 2006

I'm trying to write a simple cgi that reads a post from the user's
browser, does some stuff with the form data, and redirects the browser
back to the originating url, i.e. I want the cgi to send a 302
redirect.

There's no obvious way in the cgi module to set the response code to
anything but 200.  I.e. the run_cgi method automatically sends the 200
response without giving any way to suppress it (like nph-whatever in
Apache).  Is that a missing feature that I should add, or am I trying
to do something dumb?

Thanks.