python-announce moderation (was: Re: ANN: ClientForm 0.2.2 released)

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu Mar 23 15:54:53 EST 2006

In article <mailman.3591.1143143636.27775.python-list at python.org>,
John J. Lee <jjl at pobox.com> wrote:
>aahz at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) writes:
>> In article <mailman.3587.1143138361.27775.python-list at python.org>,
>> John J Lee  <jjl at pobox.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>Hmm, hschilling at nasa.gov, who are you?  python-announce moderator?  I
>>>didn't put you on my To: line (nor python-list for that matter, but I
>>>guess that's a reasonable place for it to go...).
>>>
>>>Also FYI, it ended up going to wwwsearch-general twice, I guess because
>>>the you (or the moderation software) forwarded it there after moderation,
>>>which isn't really necessary.
>>
>> Huh???
>
>Sorry.  I forgot my reply wouldn't include the headers (should have
>hit 'forward' instead of 'reply'.
>
>I sent the message I quoted "To: python-announce at python.org,
>wwwsearch-general at lists.sourceforge.net".  It arrived at the latter
>list.  A while later, it got moderated for python-announce, and was
>sent out like so:
>
>Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 18:25:57 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)
>From: John J Lee <jjl at pobox.com>
>To: hschilling at nasa.gov
>Cc: wwwsearch-general at lists.sourceforge.net, python-list at python.org
>Subject: [wwwsearch-general] python-announce moderation (was: Re: ANN: ClientForm 0.2.2
>    released)
>
>I wondered where that To: line came from (I don't even know who
>hschilling at nasa.gov is), and why it was sent to wwwsearch-general
>again (there was no need, since my original To: line already got it to
>that list).

Hmmmm....  hschilling is NOT one of the python-announce moderators, so
zir e-mail setup is probably b0rken, accounting for all the problems you
mentioned.  I frequently send e-mail to python-announce, python-list, and
baypiggies with no problems.  It's possible that the wwwsearch list is
malfunctioning if hschilling is one of the moderators for that list.

"19. A language that doesn't affect the way you think about programming,
is not worth knowing."  --Alan Perlis