Which GUI toolkit is THE best?

Thomas Guettler niemand.leermann at thomas-guettler.de
Mon Mar 13 10:10:33 EST 2006

Am Fri, 10 Mar 2006 16:10:09 +0100 schrieb Sybren Stuvel:

> Thomas Guettler enlightened us with:
>> The licence for QT is GPL, this means you cannot use it in
>> commercial application. That is why I never looked at it.
>
> Ehmm... from their website:

>From http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/licensing.html

> The Qt Commercial License is the correct license to use for the
> construction of proprietary, commercial software. The license allows
> you to:
>     - Build commercial software and software whose source code you
>       wish to keep private.
>     - Freely choose licensing for the software you are writing
>       (Proprietary, Open Source or both).
>     - Be able to gain access to Qt Solutions, Trolltech support and
>       commercial-only Qt components such as commercial database
>       drivers and the Visual Studio Integration on Windows.

Have you read all the text?

"""
Two qualities of the Qt Commercial License should be emphasized:

You need it before you start development of proprietary software.

You must purchase a Qt Commercial License from Trolltech or from any of
its authorized resellers before you start developing. The Commercial
license does not allow the incorporation of code developed with the Open
Source Edition of Qt into a proprietary product.
"""

There is a GPL version for Linux. But the GPL does not allow linking
with closed source software.

--
Thomas Güttler, http://www.thomas-guettler.de/
Spam Catcher: niemand.leermann at thomas-guettler.de