Cheese Shop: some history for the new-comers

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination
Mon Mar 13 05:04:59 EST 2006

A.M. Kuchling enlightened us with:
> Given the endless whiny complaints about the name, though, I think
> we should just give up and go back to PyPI (pronounced 'Pippy').

I love The Python Cheese Shop. It's original and distinctive. Besides
that, it gives you more information that PyPI since Python is written
fully.

Not every name has to fully reflect the named. I mean, Microsoft is
the largest software company on the planet, but no way that you can
guess that from the name.

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa