Function params with **? what do these mean?

Scott David Daniels scott.daniels at acm.org
Thu Mar 23 15:07:24 EST 2006

J Rice wrote:
> I'm sorry for such a basic question, but I haven't been able to phrase
> a search that gets me an answer and my books are totally silent on
> this.  I have seen a number of python function defs that take
> parameters of the form (**param1).  Looks like a pointer... but my
> books on python (basic as they are) don't make a mention.  What is
> this?

At the risk of being thought of as beating a dead horse, this was a
_great_ way to ask this question.  Others may note that nobody told
you you were abusing the newsgroup to do your work for you; you told
us how you tried to answer the question for yourself.

So, anyhow, thanks for taking the time to write your question properly.

--
-Scott David Daniels
scott.daniels at acm.org