epydoc help (putting XML in docstrings)

programmer.py at gmail.com programmer.py at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 15:49:29 EST 2006

Hi everyone!  I'm documenting some functions that return XML strings.
I'd like to have `sample' xml show up in my epydoc generated
documentation.  However, epydoc does not like the indentation of the
XML and gives me this error ->

L28: Error: Improper paragraph indentation.

Here is a simple function that epydoc does not like:

def test():
    """
    Return an XML string that looks like this::

    <TRANSACTION>
      <ID>123</ID>
      <STATUS>D</STATUS>
    </TRANSACTION>

    @return: XML string.
    """
    pass

[jwyant at L-JWYANT:daplib]$ epydoc test.py
Importing 1 modules.
  [.]
Building API documentation for 1 modules.
  [.]
C:\cygwin\home\jwyant\code\dap-support\python\daplib\test.py
In test.test docstring (line 2):
   L5: Error: Improper paragraph indentation.

Any ideas?

Thanks!