secure xmlrpc server?

Martin P. Hellwig mhellwig at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 7 09:51:48 EDT 2006

Laszlo Nagy wrote:
<cut>
> http://trevp.net/tlslite/ - no exe installers.
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/tlslite/ - no file packages to download
>
> :-(

Download the zip and unpack it:
http://trevp.net/tlslite/tlslite-0.3.8.zip
Then there is an installers directory

>> SimpleXMLRPCServer uses SimpleHTTPServer for its transfer stuff, so
>> you might want to look more in that direction.
>>
> Yes, In fact I read the whole source code of SimpleXMLRPCServer and
> other examples like
>
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/81549
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/165375
>
> but I cannot combine the two. I see that the request handler is a
> customised HTTP request handler:
>
> class SimpleXMLRPCRequestHandler(BaseHTTPServer.BaseHTTPRequestHandler):
>
> but I have no idea how to use it with https. Do you know a small example
> (like the ones above)? That would help a lot.
>
>   Laszlo

Something like:

import SocketServer
import SimpleXMLRPCServer
import tlslite.api

# Overriding with ThreadingMixIn and TLSSocketServerMixIN
# to create a secure async server.
class txrServer(SocketServer.ThreadingMixIn,
                 tlslite.api.TLSSocketServerMixIn,
                 SimpleXMLRPCServer.SimpleXMLRPCServer):
     pass

But the above is untested (been a while ago, since I experimented with
it, for my case it was more functional to use VPN's instead of SSL/TLS).

For the rest you can follow the same principals as for the SimpleHTTPServer:

http://trevp.net/cryptoID/docs/public/tlslite.integration.TLSSocketServerMixIn.TLSSocketServerMixIn-class.html

--
mph