wxPython: Should you use a master sizer object?

Sat Jun 10 15:59:00 EDT 2006

Steve Holden wrote:

> There doesn't seem to be any really usable material to help beginners. A
> recursive design approach seems best, breaking down each grouping, but I
> have sometimes found it difficult to adapt a design to changes.
>
> Although I'm a big fan of open source I must confess that to solve this
> problem I eventually bought a copy of wxDesigner, which while not
> perfect does help quite a lot, and allows cut/copy and paste of design
> elements.

Yeah, it would be nice to use something like wxDesigner eventually, but
right now I'd like to learn how to write it all by hand, so I can know
what's going on.

There are a couple of screencasts about using sizers with Dabo that are
helpful, even though it's specific to that designer. It still shows how
to layout nested sizers, for example.