a good programming text editor (not IDE)

Roel Schroeven rschroev_nospam_ml at fastmail.fm
Thu Jun 15 18:21:51 EDT 2006

olsongt at verizon.net schreef:
> If you use it for a little bit, one day you'll be editing a document in
> Word, or notepad, or SciTE, or Eclipse; you'll instinctively type
> '[ESC]:wq', and be suprised that the app is still open.  That's when
> you realize there's no turning back.

Exactly... it happens very regularly that my C++ compiler complains
about :w, jjj or kkkk in my code. Being able to keep your hands on the
base row instead of having to switch back and forth to the arrow keys is
a tremendous benefit, which I didn't appreciate that much until I
learned by experience that I unconsciously try, unsuccessfully of
course, to do it in other editors.

BTW, you can type :x instead of :wq. 33% shorter!

Roel Schroeven