help to install MySQL-python module

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Wed Jun 7 12:11:45 EDT 2006

>> error: invalid Python installation: unable to open
>> /usr/local/lib/python2.3/config/Makefile (No such file or
>> directory)
>
> Ernesto, Where did the install put Python - the obvious
> situation is that the Makefile is not where the install of
> MySQL-Python thinks it is.

Some binary distros of Python omit this piece of the package.  I
had a similar problem with the installation of WebStack on Debian
Linux.  Alexis Roda's solution of

apt-get install python2.3-dev

got matters working for me.  Likely there's a "python
development" package you can install for your version of Python
that should provide this header.  You omit details regarding what
platform you're using, though you hint at something *nix-ish
given the path (/usr/local/lib/python...).  If it's Debian, the
same solution may work for you too.

-tkc