Python or Ajax?

Paul Osman paul at eval.ca
Fri Jun 9 16:04:53 EDT 2006

On 9-Jun-06, at 4:00 PM, Redefined Horizons wrote:

> I've been hearing a ot about AJAX lately. I may have to build a web
> application in the near future, and I was curoius:
>
> How does a web application that uses Python compare with one that
> uses AJAX?
>
> I've done some basic web page design with HTML and CSS, but never any
> web applications. I don't want to learn a new language if I can use
> Python. Would AJAX offer me any significant advantages?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott Huey

Apples and Oranges my friend :) You may want to browse through the
following:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AJAX

A nice toolkit for such things:
http://mochikit.com/

Which is conveniently used in a Python framework called Turbogears:
http://www.turbogears.org/

Hope that helps clear things up.

Cheers,

--