Which compiler will Python 2.5 / Windows (Intel) be built with?

Jarek Zgoda jzgoda at o2.usun.pl
Thu Jun 15 14:36:21 EDT 2006

Fredrik Lundh napisał(a):

> hint: most people who provide third-party extensions to Python support
> more than just the latest Python version...

We're happy with your support for us, Windows users, but you are an
exception to the general rule of providing only sources.

That's the reason we are fragile on compiler. If the core will be buid
with "non-generally-available" compiler, we would end up with searching
for person willing to compile a library for us, if the MinGW way won't
succeed. I'd like to see core compiled with latest available "free"
toolkit compiler available, as previous versions can not be downloaded
from provider's home.

--
Jarek Zgoda
http://jpa.berlios.de/