Python is fun (useless social thread) ;-)

Thomas Guettler niemand.leermann at thomas-guettler.de
Thu Jun 15 10:07:07 EDT 2006

> Did you have to learn it for a job?

No, I learned it because Perl was too dirty and Java to complicated.
Now it is part of my daily job.

> Also, how did you go about learning it?

Programming, reading this newsgroup, reading the python cookbook,
reading python source files of the standard library.

> Was there any necessity in the specifics you learned, or did you just
> dabble in something (e.g. wxPython) for fun?

I tried wxPython, but switched to pygtk. And I did some cgi programming
with quixote and ZODB.

> Are there still some things you feel you need to learn or improve?

There are some things in Python I don't know very well: Decorators and
generators. But somehow I don't think that I really need them.

 Thomas

--
Thomas Güttler, http://www.thomas-guettler.de/
Spam Catcher: niemand.leermann at thomas-guettler.de