PIL problem after installation

Lad python at hope.cz
Mon Jun 12 02:24:25 EDT 2006

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> Lad wrote:
>
> > I installed PIL under Linux but now when I try it I get the error:
> >
> > decoder jpeg not available
> > How can I correct that problem?
>
> if you built PIL yourself, the setup script told you how to fix this.
>
>      - make sure you have right libraries installed (see the
>        "prerequisites" section in the README)
>
>      - run setup and read the BUILD SUMMARY report carefully
>
>      - if the setup script cannot find a component, you'll have to edit
>        the setup.py file and set the appropriate ROOT variable.  see in-
>        structions in the setup.py file for details.

Fredrik,
Thank you for the reply.
So I did the following:

1.
I downloaded jpeg (from ftp://ftp.uu.net/graphics/jpeg/ ) source
libraries( file jpegsrc.v6b.tar.gz)  and installed them. Now in
/usr/local/lib I have the following files: cjpeg
,djpeg,jpegtran,rdjpgcom and wrjpgcom
2.
I opened setup.py file  in Imaging 1.1.5 directory
and changed JPEG_ROOT =None into
JPEG_ROOT = "/usr/local/lib/"

3.ran  python setup.py build_ext -i
but it still says