a good programming text editor (not IDE)

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Fri Jun 16 10:41:11 EDT 2006

> No need to argue. I started with vim, and finally switched to
> emacs less than one year later.

Both are very-much-so good editors.  I made the opposite switch
from emacs to vim in less than a year.  Both are good^Wgreat
editors, so one's decision to use one over the other is more a
matter of working style.  I don't grok LISP, and just never felt
at home in emacs, despite all the power I could see that was
there.  I grok vim (and its similar power/extensibility), so I
migrated to it.  I have to laugh at the whole holy-war thing, as
it's somewhat like arguing about a favorite color.  "But blue is
so better than green!  The sky is blue!"  "Nuh, uh!  Green is far
better than blue!  Grass is green!" (okay, here in Texas, that
doesn't always hold as true...maybe personality #2 should be
arguing for brown instead).

My best friend is an emacs user, and I'm a vimmer...it doesn't
come between us. :)

-tkc