urllib2 problem with ports.

Ant antroy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 03:51:58 EDT 2006

Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> check your proxy configuration.  most likely, your new machine is set up
> to route all requests via a remote proxy.

Here's me looking like a fool :-) The parts of the machine (eg Firefox,
GAIM etc) that I'd set up use a direct connection - it looks like the
guy who'd had the machine before me used a proxy with IE...

> (on windows, you'll find the proxy configuration under "Internet
> Options" - "Connections" - "LAN Settings".  before you do anything else,
> make sure "Bypass proxy server for local addresses" is checked)

Interestingly the "Bypass proxy server for local addresses" was
checked. Anyway, I've changed it to a direct connection, and all seems
well. Thanks.