Simple script to make .png thumbnails from .zip archive...

hdante hdante at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 16:54:54 EDT 2006

 Hi,

 I don't know zipfile by heart, but python official documentation is
always good ( docs.python.org ). You need a loop in the file list like
this:

  for file in zip:
    process(file)

 Unfortunatelly, there are too many ways to create a thumbnail from an
image. I'll cite one, using the "python image" external module, that
I've found to be very easy:

import Image
def process(file):
  try:
    image = Image.open(file)
    image.thumbnail ((128,128), Image.ANTIALIAS)
    image.save (file + '.thumb.png')
  except:
    print 'Skipping file', file

 Links: