Remote Boot Manager Scripting (Python)

diffuser78 at gmail.com diffuser78 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 10:43:17 EDT 2006

I just started to write a small project in Python. I was wondering if
there can be something like remote boot manager.

I have to remotely start a computer. It has dual boot (WinXP and
Linux).
My remote computer is Linux which will send command to remotely boot
the other computer.

Can we write python script or some utility which would let us select
the Operating System to boot ? For example If we send parameter "WIN"
it boots into Windows and if we send "NIX" it boots into Linux.

Every help is appreciated.

Thanks