C# equivalent to range()

D H no at spam.please
Thu Jun 1 22:55:57 EDT 2006

Neuruss wrote:
> I'm sorry for asking about another language here, but since I only know
> Python and I'm trying to write something in C#, I guess this is the
> best place...
>
> I'd like to know how to write this in C#:
>
> x=[]
> sz = 10000000
> x.extend(range(sz))
>
> My question is about "range" and "extend". Is there any equivalent in
> C#?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Neuruss

List<int> mylist = new List<int>();
for (int i=0; i<10000000; i++)
{
     mylist.Add(i);
}

You can use AddRange, C# 2.0 anonymous delegates, IEnumerable, yield,
foreach, and so forth instead, but for your example this is simplest.

Another option is to use boo.  http://boo.codehaus.org/
It uses python's syntax but is as fast as C#.  The only change you'd
have to make in that code is to capitalize the Extend method call.