is a wiki engine based on a cvs/svn a good idea?

R. P. Dillon usenet.rpdillon at xoxy.net
Thu Jun 1 22:45:20 EDT 2006

TWiki, written in perl, makes extensive use of versioning/diff
functionality you mention through the use of RCS, which, IIRC, is the
basis for CVS.  This method eliminates the need for the repository as
such, and merely requires the presence of the RCS files (and RCS).

Unless you _want_ to host your data on a separate machine than the one
hosting the wiki, you might consider RCS as an alternative to CVS.

OTOH, it is clearly a good idea to base your software on such a tool,
given that TWiki does it and has proven to be quite successful.  =)

Rick