wxPython: Should you use a master sizer object?

Sat Jun 10 13:45:21 EDT 2006

Steve Holden wrote:
> John Salerno wrote:
>> Sorry for posting here again. I tried the wxPython list but I'm not sure
>> I'm sending to the right email address! It bounced back. Besides, your
>> opinions are too good to pass up. ;)
>>
>> My question was:
>>
>> I was wondering, is it recommended to always have a top-level sizer in
>> which you place all other sizers, or is it acceptable to have mulitple
>> sizers that are not grouped together?
>
> You should definitely create a master sizer, and then add sub-sizers to it.

Thanks. Also, I just found out that a Frame can't have more than one
sizer in it, meaning if you need multiple sizers you *have* to create a
master sizer first to nest the others. Now it's just a matter of
figuring out *how* to use them! I don't want to fall into the trap of
using them the way you can use the <table> element to lay out a form in
HTML...