XML, JSON, or what?

Ant antroy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 04:34:32 EDT 2006

> to use? I could go back to XML, or I could switch to JSON - I have read

I'd favour JSON if the data structures are simple personally. XML is
comparatively speaking a pain to deal with, where with JSON you can
simply eval() the data and you have a Python dictionary at your
disposal.

I recently used JSON as a way of passing data from a Java backend to a
web page for Javascript to deal with, with the added side effect that
my Python testing scripts could also easily read the same data.