Popen3 on Windows

Jeffrey Barish jeff_barish at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 17 13:46:29 EDT 2006

I have an application that has been working fine on Linux, but now I need to
port it to Windows XP.  The program uses Popen3 to run another program.  I
use Popen3 so that I can access the pid attribute, which I use to kill the
auxiliary program when necessary.  Popen3 does not exist on Windows.  I see
os.popen2 and os.popen3, but they provide only file objects for stdin,
stdout, and stderr so I don't see a way to kill the auxiliary program that
I start.  Is there a way to do this on Windows?
--
Jeffrey Barish