Bug reporting impossible

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Thu Jun 29 12:42:24 EDT 2006

On 2006-06-29, Nick Maclaren <nmm1 at cus.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> Currently logins are disabled to sourceforge.net, and (despite the
> comments) it won't let me report a bug anonymously.  Does anyone
> know whether this is short or long term?  I have a bug in 2.5 to
> report - which has been there for a while and isn't overwhelmingly
> critical and has been there for a while.
>
> Create a file called '<stdin>' in your current directory containing
> 'print "Oh, yeah?\n"' and then import a module that doesn't exist.
> Don't include the single quotes.

Cute. :)

2.4 has the same bug I'm guessing:

$ echo "Oh, yeah?" >\<stdin\>

$ python
Python 2.4.2 (#1, Feb 17 2006, 12:02:16)
[GCC 3.4.4 (Gentoo 3.4.4-r1, ssp-3.4.4-1.0, pie-8.7.8)] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more
information.
>>> import asdfasdf
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
    Oh, yeah?
ImportError: No module named asdfasdf

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Hello. I know
                                  at               the divorce rate among