new python icons for windows

Istvan Albert istvan.albert at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 09:47:51 EDT 2006

I've been using the new python icons for windows for about two weeks
now and I must say they've turned out to be far less functional than I
thought. From purely visual standpoint the new icons look better, the
old ones had a certain level of 'cuteness' associated to them .. I
could see why that might have been a turnoff for some.

But these new icons are too large, too blocky and too pastel. On my
laptop time and again I found myself squinting trying to figure out
just what the actual icon is. For example it resembles the icon for
text files. It always feels like I need to make a small mental effort
of first recognizing then mapping the icon to python. I can recall ever
having this problem with the old icons ... or windows icons in general
for that matter.

Just an opinion.

Istvan

PS can someone point me to a page/link that contains the old icons?