Need a compelling argument to use Django instead of Rails

Ben Sizer kylotan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 04:58:25 EDT 2006

Roman Susi wrote:
> Ben Sizer wrote:
> > The problem is that Python is the 2nd best language for everything. ;)
>
> Is it a bad thing?

I don't know. I suppose that depends on how you define 'bad'! For me,
it is often inconvenient, because I'd prefer to use Python but
generally find that I have to choose something else if I want to do the
best possible for any particular project.

In my case, multimedia and game support is patchy, and web development
support is still oriented towards the Java/enterprise user - if CGI
doesn't suffice, that is. In the original poster's case, it's seemingly
because specific database support seems to be lacking. Improving the
libraries in these areas would hopefully increase the diversity of
Python's potential applications rather than diminish it.

--
Ben Sizer