restricted environment

Gabriele *darkbard* Farina darkbard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 19:46:13 EDT 2006

Using a separate interpreter could be a solution, but restarting any
time the interpreter give me too much overhead and the application will
work as slow as a CGI app even if it runs using FastCGI.

Can't I put the interpreter to the starting state any time it finishes
a script execution without restarting it ?

The first attempt to reach my goal was to override the __import__
function to limit it working on modules that can be used and on custom
import directories that can be accessed. Then I executed the scripts
using exec. There is any security problem related to this solution ?

The other problem is about limiting accessible resources ...

Gabriele