Need a compelling argument to use Django instead of Rails

gregarican greg.kujawa at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 08:44:11 EDT 2006

I would suggest trying to pick up Ruby. Knowing both Python and Ruby
has helped me in that I can choose whichever tool is the best fit.
There are certain cases where I have to abandon Ruby for a certain
project because the library isn't mature enough or cross platform
enough for my requirements. So coding in Python is my option. Then
again there are other things where I am able to choose Ruby as the best
fit because of other concerns. The languages are different, but not
_that_ different. If you can get past the initial Perlishness (is that
a word?) of Ruby you will find that going from one language to the
other isn't that huge of a jump.