Need a compelling argument to use Django instead of Rails

Ben Sizer kylotan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 11:36:09 EDT 2006

Ray wrote:
> Just that it's a big, huge, humongous pity to see Python keeps missing
> the big thing over and over again. Last time when biotechnology was
> hot, which language became The Language? Perl. Now simple web app is
> hot? It's Ruby.

The problem is that Python is the 2nd best language for everything. ;)
As a general purpose language I don't think it can be beaten, but for
almost any given project of non-trivial size, there seems to always be
one language that has better support for the subject. I frequently find
myself wanting to use Python but being unable to, often due to some
library being unavailable, as in your case.

--
Ben Sizer