Using Python for my web site

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Mon Jul 31 18:18:01 EDT 2006

northband schrieb:
> So seems the best approach would be a MVC model rather than server
> scripting?  Currently our site is built with a closed source hypertext
> preprocessor much like PHP.  So it would be easier for us to script
> another site, but if we would gain performance via a MVC model, then
> that's what we need.

MVC and server side scripting are two totally orthogonal things - you
don't do the one and ditch the other as a consequence of that.

MVC is a pattern of software design. It won't affect the performance
itself, at least not the system performance. It most probably will boost
your developing performance, as following the clear separation of data
(model), application logic (controller) and view-logic (view) will help
maintaining the codebase and make changes easier.

And MVC doesn't depend on the language used - you can even do that in
PHP, albeit it makes things much more dependent on discipline.

Diez