Nested scopes, and augmented assignment

Antoon Pardon apardon at forel.vub.ac.be
Fri Jul 7 08:16:46 EDT 2006

On 2006-07-07, Fredrik Lundh <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:
> Antoon Pardon wrote:
>
>>> have any of your "my mental model of how Python works is more important
>>> than how it actually works" ever had a point ?
>>
>> Be free to correct me. But just suggesting that I'm wrong doesn't help
>> me in changing my mental model.
>
> over the years, enough people have wasted enough time on trying to get
> you to understand how Python works, in various aspects.  if you really
> were interested in learning, you would have learned something by now,
> and you wouldn't keep repeating the same old misunderstandings over and
> over again.

May be I misunderstand, maybe I sometimes have difficulties making my self
clear. If you already made up your mind which is it, that is fine by me.
I just don't see the point of just posting a response that just
boils down to: You are wrong. Even if you have given up on me, others
might be helped if you took the trouble of explainig what was wrong.

Well, that was just what I was thinking.

--
Antoon Pardon