Python for Embedded Systems?

Jack nospam at invalid.com
Sat Jul 15 13:42:01 EDT 2006

Yes, I mean Lua, not Loa  :-p

Lua is a nice language. Like you said, it doesn't have many libraries
as Python does. Plus, it's still evolving and the libraries are changing.
I found a few functions not working last time I tried kepler libraries.
It's good for embedded systems though because of its small footprint.
Extensions implemented in C makes it possible that the installation size
doesn't blow up when new stuff is added, like in Python.

But I still like Python better for its power and for the style of the
language
itself. And I was hoping to find a Python implementation that bears the
principles of Lua to make it suitable for embedded systems :)