Python for Embedded Systems?

Sébastien Boisgérault Sebastien.Boisgerault at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 06:21:39 EDT 2006

Jack a écrit :

> If Python is not the best candidate for embedded systems because
> of the size, what (scripting) language would you recommend?
>
> PHP may fit but I don't quite like the language. Anything else?
> Loa is small but it does not seem to be powerful enough.

You mean Lua ? Not powerful enough ? What do you mean by
that ? Lua is great IMHO. Sure it does not come with thousands
of libraries, but the language design is extremely clean, the
language constructs powerful and the footprint very small.

16kloc of C code can't hurt your embedded device can they ? ;)

Please tell us what kind of limitation you find in Lua ...

Cheers,

SB