Installation of python on my workspace.

pyguru at gmail.com pyguru at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 23:08:38 EDT 2006

Hi,

I had two questions. I am new to Unix and Python. I wanted to get
python installed on my unix terminal without too much interference from
the administrator. How can I do this?

It seems python is already installed at some location. But when i type
Idle I am not able to get the Integrated Environment(IDLE). There is
already the Tkinter.py installed . Do i have to modify my profile and
add any environment variables to my .profile to get it going.

I would greatly appreciate it, if anyone could help me with this.
Thanks.