Python linker

Sion Arrowsmith siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Jul 18 08:39:38 EDT 2006

 <byteschreck at googlemail.com> wrote:
>I love python - I use it as a utility language to complement my C#
>programming every day. However, the reason I do not use it as my
>primary language is - surprise, surprise - not its lack of static type
>checking, but the size of standalone executes  (which embed the python
>runtime).

Er, what? How are you generating your standalone executables? What
size is "acceptable"? python24.dll is only 1.8M -- surely on any
non-embedded platform these days 1.8M isn't worth bothering about.
And since you mention wx (all of another 4.8M) I'd guess we're
talking about desktop applications. Who's going to notice if your
executable is a couple of M slimmer?

--
\S -- siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk -- http://www.chaos.org.uk/~sion/
  ___  |  "Frankly I have no feelings towards penguins one way or the other"