Need a compelling argument to use Django instead of Rails

aaronwmail-usenet at yahoo.com aaronwmail-usenet at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 26 11:16:21 EDT 2006

Jaroslaw Zabiello wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 16:25:48 +0200, Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
>
> > I have difficulty imagining how a language could be more dynamic than
> > Python...
>
> E.g. try to extends or redefine builtin Python classes on fly. Ruby is so
> flexible that it can be used to create Domain-specific Programming
> Languages.

This, of course, is really cool if you are working
all by yourself on a dissertation or something,
but can be completely disasterous if you are
actually working with other people who need to
know what the expressions of the programming
language mean and do.  Back in the day every
good Common Lisp programmer wrote in a
dialect completely incomprehensible to any other
Common Lisp programmer.  Kinda fun, but not
"best practice."
   -- Aaron Watters

===

Writing about music is like