first book about python

gene tani gene.tani at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 22:35:42 EDT 2006

IOANNIS MANOLOUDIS wrote:
> I want to learn python.
> I plan to buy a book. I always find printed material more convenient than
> reading on-line tutorials.
> I don't know PERL or any other scripting language. I only know some BASH
> programming. I am looking for a book which will help me get started and
> should contain the foundations. I am not looking for the Python bible.
> Any recommendations?
> Ioannis

Printed: Magnus Hetland's latest book, the Wrox book and OReilly
Learning Python are all good.  Chun's "Core Python" will be updated and
released soon, that will be good too.

Tutorials on Awaretek.com
http://awaretek.com/tutorials.html
cause it's always good to see something explained different ways.