first book about python

gregarican greg.kujawa at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 08:36:13 EDT 2006

Learning Python, Perl, or Ruby would help you create admin scripts that
would save you lots of manual work. For me automated log file alerting,
SQL query parsing, SQL table updates, Internet file
uploading/downloading, etc. has been a huge plus. Perl is likely the
most widely used in terms of existing scripts that you can review,
modify, borrow ideas from, etc.

But from a long term maintainability and readability standpoint I would
recommend Python or Ruby over Perl. Just my $0.02...