Looking for a high performance web server written in Python, and supports CGI/FastCGI

Jack nospam at invalid.com
Thu Jul 6 23:30:46 EDT 2006

>> I will have to install lighttpd or other web servers.
>
> do that.
>
> If all you need is a webserver there's little reason to have it in
> python. Just use one of the several high quality open source webservers.

lighttpd is a great web server. I just didn't want to bother download the
source,
configure, make and make install, and have a bunch of files installed into
the system
(The binaries are mostly not the latest version.)  If a server can be set up
with a few
python files, it sounds like a cleaner approach :)

lighttpd does have an option to make a monilithic build that has everything
in
one file but somehow I couldn't make the scons-based build work. (Any tips?)