Python for Embedded Systems?

Paul Rubin http
Sat Jul 15 06:59:08 EDT 2006

Paul Rubin <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> writes:
> SIOD was a well known very small Scheme interpreter that you might
> like to play with:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIOD

Here's another one that I like.  I haven't actually used it but
studied it for possible integration in an embedded project that I
worked on but that got cancelled.  It seems very good for this type of
thing.  The runtime system is just 20k bytes or so:

   http://hedgehog.oliotalo.fi/

Picolisp is also pretty neat but maybe not aimed the same way:

   http://software-lab.de/down.html

Take the challenge: it is very impressive.  Of course they tailored it
to Pico Lisp's capabilities, but you can see the challenge problem is
very sensible, and the Pico Lisp solution is much easier to get to
than a Python solution:

  http://software-lab.de/succ.html