Python for Embedded Systems?

Paul Rubin http
Sat Jul 15 06:38:45 EDT 2006

"H J van Rooyen" <mail at microcorp.co.za> writes:
> What is the minimum set of instructions and structure needed to make a
> simplistic Python? - does anybody know?

There have been lots of Lisps for the PDP-11 and comparable machines.
Python's runtime semantics are close enough to Lisp that you could
probably get something Python-like running in that kind of machine,
maybe not exactly Python.  You would probably want to use small-Lisp
implementation techniques like BIBOP ("big bag of pages", Google for
it) memory organization.  But I don't think any of those Lisps were
really all that useful.  They were written mostly as toys.

SIOD was a well known very small Scheme interpreter that you might
like to play with:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIOD