Web Browser Pygame Plug-in?

Ben Sizer kylotan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 12:01:47 EDT 2006

Gregory Piñero wrote:
> That's interesting, Ben.  So we'd be better off making a new library
> similiar to Pygame in functionality but designed from the ground up to
> work in a browser.

I think it depends on what is most important to you. Options available
include going with Java or Flash instead (ie. dropping Python), or
using a Jython applet (which I know nothing about), or perhaps
abandoning the browser and sticking with PyGame, etc. What are your
requirements?

> I guess that XPCOM technology that someone
> mentioned might be the way to go?

I was under the impression that XPCOM was a Mozilla-only technology; if
so, maybe that won't fit your requirements either.

--
Ben Sizer