EuroPython 2006 and Py3.0

Kay Schluehr kay.schluehr at gmx.net
Wed Jul 5 13:46:38 EDT 2006

bearophileHUGS at lycos.com wrote:
> >From this interesting blog entry by Lawrence Oluyede:
> http://www.oluyede.org/blog/2006/07/05/europython-day-2/
> and the Py3.0 PEPs, I think the people working on Py3.0 are doing a
> good job, I am not expert enough (so I don't post this on the Py3.0
> mailing list), but I agree with most of the things they are agreeing
> to.

No one expected them to do a bad job, but there is nothing really new
or interesting or challenging. Micro-optimizations and shape lifting.
Even a small discussion about the frictions of pattern matching and OO
with Martin Odersky, one of the creators of the Scala language, is more
inspiring than reading the whole Py3K stuff. I decided not to attend to
EuroPython this year...