EuroPython 2006 and Py3.0

bearophileHUGS at lycos.com bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Jul 5 14:18:43 EDT 2006

Kay Schluehr:
> there is nothing really new or interesting or challenging.
> Micro-optimizations and shape lifting.

I see. Maybe Python is becoming a commodity used by more than 10e6
persons, so changellenges aren't much fit anymore.
Guido has tried to avoid the problems of Perl6, making Py3.0 a
improvement and not a revolution. The good thing is that we'll probably
see a beta version in 14-18 months. Py3.0 from being like fantasy is
become something close, this is a good thing.
I may ask you what you would like to see in Py3.0, but remember that
your answer may become ignored by the developers.

Bye,
bearophile