Using Python for my web site

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Mon Jul 31 18:26:25 EDT 2006

northband a écrit :
> So seems the best approach would be a MVC model rather than server
> scripting?

This is still "server-scripting" - at least since on the server-side and
is done with something frequently labelled as a "script language" !-)

> Currently our site is built with a closed source hypertext
> preprocessor much like PHP.  So it would be easier for us to script
> another site,

Depends on how your app is written - one can do MVC with PHP too.

> but if we would gain performance via a MVC model,

This won't change anything to performances. What you can gain is a
better design, well-decoupled code, hence far less maintenance problems.

> I am not very familiar with developing via MVC,  any good tutorials out
> there or good places to start?

Do the Django tutorial. They actually name things differently (ie they
call controllers views and views templates), which can be a bit
misleading, but that's really MVC.