Can I do it using python?? about xterm and telnet

Paul Rubin http
Mon Jul 3 06:14:16 EDT 2006

"valpa" <valpassing at gmail.com> writes:
> Can I  do it automatically by python? After that, there have 20 xterm
> consoles opened and telneted to their corresponding servers. Then I
> could start to type command in these xterms.

Have python launch "xterm -e somecommand" for each server.  somecommand
would then be another python script (or whatever) that opens a telnet
connection to that server.  See the xterm docs for more info.

Maybe what you really want is to remotely execute reconfiguration
commands, instead of opening all those xterms to use manually.  See
rsh, ssh, etc.