War chest for writing web apps in Python?

Rob Sinclar lunixinclar at orange.fr
Fri Jul 28 18:38:30 EDT 2006

> > I'm thinking of using Python to build the prototype for a business web
> > appplication. The development and test machine is XP, while ultimate
> > deployment will be on a shared Unix web host.
> >
> > What would you recommend I get, besides the Python engine itself? Good
> > IDE (Kodomo?) ? Some kind of GUI designer? Add-on's? Other tools?
> >
> > Thank you.

> If you plant to deploy on Unix/Linux, why develop on Windows?
Because it's worth it. And faster. Read below.

> just do 'apt-get install <my_new_ide>' (for
> Debian based distros like Debian and Ubuntu that is) and your new IDE
> will appear in the Programming menu.
Nah I prefer to search half an hour on google, download an exe-installer
for which I'll never see what it does or contain, double clic on it to launch
installation procedure, clic 15 times on "ok" and I'm done.
On the other hand aptitude is the worst thing ever for dependencies and
that kind of stuff.

Best Regards,
Rob